PAIR IT WITH JAZZ AMONG THE RUINS
This beautifully printed and framed fine art print captures the expressive textures and exuberant colors of Anne-Louise Ewen's original oil painting.
I painted this after I watched the stunning concert film, Jazz on a Summer's Day, set at the 1958 Newport Jazz Festival. I created it as a concert poster for an imagined jazz festival. Initially I loved it for the fantasy it evokes. It wasn't long until I also began to love it for its metaphorical exhortations. The sermon of it. Life is short! Come hear the music! This is part of a series of paintings that I call "Propaganda for Nice Things."
ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING
Available - Contact us to inquire
• Available in 5 sizes from small to extra-extra-large
• This is the size of the print before framing. The frame adds about an inch to the length and the width.
• Printed in archival-grade ink on premium matte paper & dry mounted to foam-core backing
• Choose gold, white, or black extruded aluminum.
• Elegant, minimal, thin metal Ashford frame (⅜” wide) is sustainably made in the USA from recycled aluminum with a durable finish.
Matting is not offered at this time.
ACRYLITE® Clear Acrylic cover offers the clarity of the finest picture frame glazing at half the weight of glass and many times the impact resistance. Additionally, it blocks some ultraviolet light. It’s the preferred material for larger framed art and provides the safety warranted in high traffic areas.
3-5 business days + 1-5 days shipping time*
*Please note: Framed prints ship within the USA only